Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Obessions

I started creating online high school English courses in 2000. 

After awhile I got obsessed.

Every day I thought about how to present ideas. I spent an entire week trying to come up with the ultimate combination of background and font and I loved it when I thought I got it right. Quite often my ideas sucked and I had to change them. Sometimes they were good. Sometimes they sucked but I couldn't let them go. It was great when I could work with someone like minded in my course creation. It was not great when my so-called peer reviewer rubber stamped what I wrote. It was disappointing when those who followed me threw out everything I did.

Then the new Social Studies curriculum came out. I spent years creating, revising and reviewing. I got tired. I let someone else take over.

Years later, it's time to get back at it.

There is so much I don't know.  It took me months to get back to that point of obsession.

I wonder if it will go away.


No comments:

Post a Comment